For more information about Tokanui School please click here to our latest ERO report. Click here to view
2019 Annual Report
You can make payments to our School bank account
03 1750 0195577 00
Home and School Association
2019 AGM Tuesday 4th June 7.30pm in the School Library. All welcome.
The Home and School (PTA) at Tokanui School is about bringing the home and school together. As with any Home and School we organise fundraising to support our children by raising money for the things at school the Ministry of Education doesn’t fund school for. Our current decile 10 rating means that we do not receive as much funding from the Government as other schools.
Fundraising activities include:
- Quiz (this runs for 10 weeks in the winter months mid-May to end-July)
- Disco that involves the whole school (mid to late August)
- Washing of Senior rugby jerseys (on a roster, usually only once for the year)
- Catering (we have catered for funerals in the past which has involved a food donation from families)
- Fundraising for Year 7 & 8 Camp (only involves parents of year 6/7/8 children)
- ITM Cup and Super 15 Sweepstakes (expected to sell these to family & friends)
(sausage sizzles [approx. monthly], rugby meal catering)
The Home and School have a meeting each term, usually around the second week. These meetings are informative including a report from the Principal and are a great chance to keep up to date on what’s happening at School.
Home and School Contacts:
If you have any queries please don’t hesitate to contact either one of us below
President: Katrina Templeton 2468 516
Secretary: Deann Paisley 021 266 2052
Treasurer: Kylie Manson 027 323 7270
School Bus information
If you have any queries about the school bus service, please contact the Principal who is the Bus Controller who implements the Ministry rules, in conjunction with the bus company.
These are held in the first and third term of each year.